Heuft: Striving forwards for 40 years
On 1 April 1979, with just twelve skilled people he knew, Bernhard Heuft started operations in Burgbrohl, Germany. In the meantime, Heuft Systemtechnik GmbH has, to own accords, grown to become the world's leading manufacturer of innovative checking, inspection, rejection and labelling systems for a continuous in-line quality assurance when filling and packaging beverages, food and pharmaceuticals. Over the 40 years, the strength of the team has increased a hundredfold to over 1200 employees worldwide.
The founder received the first patent for the rejection of faulty empty and full containers, which is still used today: the Heuft Delta-FW multi-segment flow switch. Over 500 further patents have been added since then. From the outset, basic research and solution development had focused not only on automation in product tracking, but also on consistent support for the user.
From multi-processing capable filling management systems through all-surface empty container inspection to pulsed X-ray and its own real-time image processing, the company continues to produce its technology exclusively in Germany.